In its strive to promote & enhance the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Jordan, ensure coordination among all stakeholders, encourage investment in Jordanian entrepreneurial companies, remove obstacles, secure additional access to markets & financial resources, the Ministry of Digital Economy and Entrepreneurship (MoDEE), in cooperation with the World Bank and in consultation with stakeholders in the Jordanian entrepreneurial ecosystem, has prepared a draft General Policy for Entrepreneurship.
The preparation of the General Policy document included the following:
- Preliminary desk research, including international benchmarks for countries such as Malaysia, Estonia, Rwanda, Ireland, the United States of America and the United Arab Emirates, as well as an analysis of the neighboring region.
- Conducted a survey of (214) companies of different sectors, 65% of them were start-up companies under the age of 3 years.
- Held focus groups with 20 entrepreneurs within the growth stages of their various companies.
- Held focus groups with a wide range of representatives of the entrepreneurship system in Jordan in the presence of international funding entities, entrepreneurs support institutions and other partners in the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Held a two-day workshop and brought together a wide range of representatives from the public and private sectors to determine the priorities of the Jordanian entrepreneurship system.
- Shared the draft General Policy for Entrepreneurship with the Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities, the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Supply and the Ministry of Labor.
- In addition to the above, the Ministry of Digital Economy and Entrepreneurship has designed an informal consultative group consisting of the stakeholders in the entrepreneurship system, which conducts a weekly meeting basis to consult on the progress of work and subsequent steps.
Thus, MODEE announces that the draft General Policy for Entrepreneurship is submitted for public consultation for a period of two weeks, starting on Tuesday 7-9-2021.
Kindly provide us with your comments on the draft policy no later than Tuesday, 21-9-2021, via e-mail: email@example.com
To read the policy please click here