Ministry of Digital Economy & Entrepreneurship
Terms of Reference
Youth Technology and Jobs Project
- About the Youth, Technology, and Jobs (YTJ) Project
The Government of Jordan (GoJ) has received financing from the World Bank to implement the Youth, Technology, and Jobs (YTJ) project, which has become effective in April 2020. The YTJ project aims to improve digitally enabled income opportunities and expand digitized government services in Jordan. The project will build an impetus for private sector-led growth of the digital economy and make interventions to address specific constraints in the supply and demand sides of the digital economy. The project duration is five years. The Ministry of Digital Economy & Entrepreneurship (MoDEE) is the implementing agency of the YTJ project.
As part of Capacity Building and Knowledge Transfer efforts, MODEE is seeking to hire team members that comprise, The Digital Transformation Task Team (DTT), to provide long-term technical expertise to implement the Digital Jordan program, including specialists in business process re-engineering, digital payments, mobile applications, API design, and other skills. This digital transformation task team (DTT) will be responsible for overseeing, aligning, prioritizing, and implementing the e-transformation and digitization of government payments projects, sequencing their execution based on their dependencies, and liaising with ministries and agencies including the Central Bank of Jordan as needed. This team will also be responsible for quality assurance of private sector and consultant deliverables.
The objective of this TOR is to identify and hire a Communications Specialist to support the Digital Transformation Team at MoDEE.
- Responsibilities of Communications Specialist
Under the general supervision of the Digital Transformation Manager, the Communications Specialist is responsible for the Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate communication plans for the Digital Transformation work of MoDEE.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate of communication campaigns for a variety of media, marketing, public relations, and change management programs.
- Organize, manage and build stakeholders’ contact lists, including media contact lists and develop productive relations with key media outlets
- Draft various communications material including press releases, newsletter, invites, replies to various queries and requests for information.
- Articulate compelling result stories and narratives on the impact of MoDEE’s digital transformation plan.
- Perform any additional communications and outreach tasks requested by the Digital Transformation Team Director.
- Eligibility and Minimum Qualifications
- Prior experience in relevant operations for a minimum of 4 years, including knowledge of and experience with social media tools and strategies.
- Experience in writing, editing, proof-reading and designing communication documents for public dissemination, in English and Arabic.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with beneficiaries, media, and stakeholders from various institutions.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Creative and self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work under pressure, and within teams to achieve objectives.
- Strong Communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyze information from different sources and to synthesize this information into coherent and brief communication documents.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to MoDEE’s objectives.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Education Requirements
University Degree in Communications, Business, Marketing, Journalism, Advertising, English Literature, Public Relations, Engineering, ICT or another relevant field.
- Duration of Assignment
The contract period is for one year, renewable up to 4 years. The Communications Specialist must diligently perform in a proper and efficient manner the duties set out within these TOR and any other task or responsibilities that may arise in relation to the proper management and delivery of the project.
Only the most qualified and suitable candidates will be invited to interviews. Interested eligible individuals may submit their application through the following link by 17 December, 2020: